267. Contingent Academic Labor and Unionization
Presiding: Heidi Tiedemann Darroch, Univ. of Victoria
1. “Faculty Mentoring and Collegiality,” Christine M. Probes, Univ. of South Florida
2. “Union Democracy and the Metro Organizing Strategy,” Robin J. Sowards, Duquesne Univ.
3. “Making Solidarity Real,” Erin Wunker, Dalhousie Univ.
472. The First Year of College and Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Members: Paradoxes, Problems, Possibilities
Presiding: Nicole B. Wallack, Columbia Univ.
1. “You Are Only Temporary: Precarity and the First-Year Experience,” Lee Skallerup Bessette, Morehead State Univ.
2. “First-Year Writing, Contingent Faculty Members, and the Problem of Student Retention,” John A. Casey, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
3. “A Delicate Balance: Teaching, Research, NTT Faculty Members, and First-Year Students,” Heather L. Colburn, Northwestern Univ.
4. “‘Who Am I This Time?’ A Meditation on Adjunct Life,” Veronica Popp, Coll. of DuPage, IL